Locker Room Guidelines
- Continuous service for Towels, Daily/Overnight lockers in the men's and women's locker rooms are purchased at the Membership Office. There are also 50 cent lockers available in the men's and women's locker rooms on the 4th floor (These lockers require 2 quarters. Change machine is located on the 4th floor, opposite Equipment Lending desk).
- Daily lockers may only be used during the time of your workout. Items left in daily locker overnight will be removed. Retrieval fee will apply.
- Please mark your calendars with the membership end date. Overnight lockers must be renewed or emptied by the deadline, which will be specified at the time of locker purchase. Abandoned items will be emptied and stored until the end of the following term. Retrieval fee will apply.
- The Dodge Fitness Center provides combination-locks, key-locks and keys. Please do not use personal locks, as those will be replaced by a staff member.
- Always secure your belongings. Please be aware of opportunity theft.
- Please don't hang bathing suits or other items outside of lockers.
- Help us conserve water and energy. Please turn off hair dryers and water faucets when finished using it.
- The towel room and locker rooms close 30 minutes after the end of recreation hours.
- To open your combination lock: turn dial past zero two times. Turn dial RIGHT to the first number. LEFT past the first second number. RIGHT to the last number.
Borrowing of Equipment
- Equipment Lending desk is located on the fourth floor by the running track.
- Equipment includes: towels, day locker keys, basketballs, pedal straps, soccer balls. Towel and Locker service may be purchased at the Membership Office.
- ID cards will be scanned at the time of borrowing and returning of equipment.
- Please return items upon leaving the gym. Unreturned items may result in penalty fee.
- Dry sauna is located in the main men's and women's locker rooms on the 4th floor.
- Please shower before entering the sauna room.
- Please do not wear any street clothes or shoes while in the sauna
- Please sit on a clean towel
- Please do not pour water on the sauna stones.
- We ask you to never adjust sauna temperature. Please report sauna temperature issues to the Facility Operations Office (4th floor lobby).
- Please be aware that excessive exposure to sauna can be harmful to health. Please do not exceed 30 minutes.
- Sauna is not recommended for persons with certain health conditions, or during pregnancy. Please consult with your doctor prior to using the sauna.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not use the sauna facility.
Uris Pool Guidelines
- Uris Pool is located on the first floor.
- Fall/Spring term tentative pool hours are: Mon.-Fri. 12-2; 7-9:30; Sat. 12-4; Sun 12-5. Please check schedule changes on-line at www.dodgefitnesscenter.com or phone 212-854-7149.
- Please shower before using the pool.
- Appropriate swim wear is required for using the pool. Please wear pool caps if your hair is at shoulder length.
- Diving is prohibited during recreation hours.
- Running track is located on the 4th floor
- Stretching area is located on the 4th floor (past the running track). Please use spray bottles and paper towels located nearby to clean your mat after use.
Please observe the following policies for reserving and using the equipment, as they ensure that everyone will have access to the cardiovascular equipment:
- All cardio equipment must be reserved no more than 1 hour in advance prior to using it. Reservations on cardio equipment are limited to one 30 minute session. Please sign up for cardio equipment in person.
- Do not add any time slots to the current sheets if there is a discrepancy with a timeslot. Please, visit the Building Supervisor's Office (4th floor by the entrance) to report any discrepancies with equipment reservations.
- Please use spray bottles and paper towels to clean machines after each use.
- Spray bottles and paper towels are located nearby equipment.
Tri-Level Fitness Area Guidelines
- Please use water spray bottles and paper towels to wipe off the machine after each use.
- Pedal straps for bikes may be borrowed at the equipment and towel lending desk.
- Please observe proper lifting techniques.
- Please avoid slamming or dropping weights.
- Use of spring collars is required for free weights.
- Please replace dumbbells and weight plates on racks not in use.
- Never leave plates on the floor or leaning against the wall.
- Please wear proper attire (shirts, pants, shorts and sneakers). Please do not wear sandals or thongs in any of the tri-level area.
- Please always re-rack used weights.
Squash Court Guidelines
- Squash courts are located on the third floor.
- Squash court must be reserved in advance in person or over the phone. Reservations can be made for one hour per day (visit front desk, or call 212-854-7149). Reservation sheets are posted two days in advance.
- Only one court for one hour/day may be reserved.
- Courts may only be used for squash, handball, paddleball, or racquetball.
- Please make sure to wear athletic shoes, with non-marking soles.
- Eye guards are required for all racquet activities.
- Please turn off lights when leaving the courts.
- Please leave the door open.
- Patrons can claim their court at anytime during their 1-hours reservation.
- Soccer playing is not permitted in the squash courts
- In case of injury or other emergency, seek out a fitness center employee. If needed, CAVA can be contacted at x99.
- First Aid Kits are located at the Front Desk, in the Equipment Room in the Fitness Room, in the Levien Pool Office and the Physical Education Office.
- Bags of ice are located in the Towel and Equipment Room (4th Floor).
Monday & Thursday..................9am-7:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday......9am-4:30pm
- Membership, Locker inquiries/renewals
- ID card swipe access
- Attendance reports
- Family membership inquiries
- E-mail, flier, and letter communication
Building Manager Office
4th floor by the entrance
- Ensuring clean and safe environment
- Coordinating building and equipment repairs
- Managing and hiring of student workers
Equipment and Towel Lending Room
- Lending of towels, balls, pedal straps
- Lending of daily locker keys
- Club Locker Room laundry pick up
Physical Education Office
3rd Floor, Room 336
- Registration for Voluntary and Required Courses
- Personal Training sign up
- Registration for Intramural and Club Sport
- Cubs and Sports Camp information
Important Phone Numbers:
Membership Office 212-854-2547; 212-854-2546
Football/Basketball Tickets 888-LIONS-11
Facility Schedules 212-854-7149
Squash Court Reservation 212-854-7149
Voluntary Programs 212-854-3439
Personal Training 212-854-4439
Intramurals/Club Sports 212-854-4002
Sports & Youth Camps 212-854-2233