Sign Up Online!
Read the following PROCEDURES and POLICIES
Step 1: Submit the Personal Training registration form (below). You may also visit Dodge Fitness Center room 336 to fill out a request.
Step 2: A trainer will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your form. (If you submit your request on a weekend or University holiday, please wait for the following business day for your request to be handled).
Step 3: Schedule sessions with your trainer. Trainers manage their own schedules, therefore all scheduling is between the client and the trainer.
Step 4: Purchase your sessions PRIOR to the start of the first session. Sessions can be paid for by check, cash or credit card between 9am and 5pm, M-F in room 336 or by calling (212) 854-3439. All payments must be made to Columbia University. Do not pay the trainer directly.
Click HERE to register online for Personal Training
(For partner and group training, each person must submit a form)
You may also fax your form to the Physical Education Office at (212) 854-7397, or drop it off in room 336.
Fitness Center members ( all CU students, individuals 18 years and older, and underage non-students with parental permission) may request a personal trainer.
Any additional questions please contact us at (212) 854-3439 or by email at email@example.com.
* Ensure your Dodge Physical Fitness Center membership status is current. Non-members are not eligible to participate in DFC training and may not solicit our trainers for non-DFC training.
* Children of DFC members must be included on the family membership to be eligible for training.
* Sessions can be paid for by check, cash or credit card between 9am and 5pm, M-F in room 336 or by calling (212) 854-3439.
* All sessions must be paid for in full prior to the start of training. Free trial sessions are not offered.
* You must provide a 24-hour notice for any cancellations to avoid being charged for that session.
* Out of respect for one another's time and in order for us to provide you with the best service possible, we ask that you be prompt for your session.
* If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, your session will be forfeited and considered “cancelled”. Trainers are not required to wait for clients who are more than 15 minutes late. Please call your trainer if you anticipate being late. Some trainers may be willing or able to wait more than 15 minutes if they know you are on your way.
* Please inform us of any special considerations.
* You must use your purchased sessions BEFORE the expiration date. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis:
- Single Session – 14 days from date of purchase
- Five Sessions – 2 months from date of purchase
- Ten Sessions – 4 months from date of purchase
* Refunds are not granted for non-medical reasons. Physician's note is required.
* In-home or off-campus sessions are not offered.
* Outside trainers are NOT PERMITTED to conduct personal training at the DFC. Only individuals currently employed by the DFC Personal Training Program may conduct personal training at the DFC. Personal Training is defined by any of the following:
- Leading an individual through a designed workout.
- Providing formal one-on-one exercise instruction and education.
- Prescribing a fitness program for another individual.
- Verbally or visually promoting a non-DFC personal training service.
- Providing paid or free exercise guidance (including payment of guest fee).
Anyone suspected of acting as a Personal Trainer by exhibiting any of the above behaviors will be questioned and informed of the DFC policies. Any individual acting as a Personal Trainer, as defined above, who is not employed by the DFC Personal Training Program will be asked to discontinue. If the individual fails to comply with this request, all membership and guest privileges may be suspended or revoked for the individual in question and client(s) involved.